Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Swatches, review and nail art Catrice Limited Edition Metallure

Today I bring you the latest limited edition by Catrice, called Metallure.

Catrice: "Precious metals are conquering the late summer months and are being combined with the trend revival of the marble look. Fashion and accessories appear to be covered in a high shine and are being established as glamorous must-haves with a fashionable liquid look. Not futuristic, but fresh, natural and flowing. The limited edition Metallure is offering the matching beauty products to go with the metallic trend in August and September 2014. In addition to the classic colours of precious metals like gold, silver and copper, this collection also includes fresh pink, classical red and soft white."

This limited edition features 5 nail lacquers:

- C01 Alluring Red
- C02 Alluring Pink
- C03 Metalight
- C04 Metallicious
- C05 Metalfusion

Swatches


C01 Alluring Red

This is 2 coats of Alluring Red.
Alluring Red is a very pretty metallic red with a subtle shimmer.
Perfect for the Fall and Winter season.
It's pretty opaque and you could get away with just 1 coat.

C02 Alluring Pink

When I first saw this color I was wondering why this was included in this edition.
It looks more like a creme than a metallic lacquer.
Once it was on you can notice the same kind of shimmer from Alluring Red, subtle but it's there.
Alluring Pink is a quite sheer polish and with the 2 coats in the picture above you still have some tip see through. It doesn't bother me that much.

C03 Metalight

Metalight is a metallic warm rosé gold.
Very streaky which can be expected with metallic lacquers.
This is 2 coats but you could get away with 1 coat.

C04 Metallicious

Metallicious is a metallic gold with some green undertones as I can see it.
Again streaky and pretty much a 1 coater.
I used 2 coats for the swatch above.

C05 Metalfusion

Metalfusion is a metallic dark silver/dark grey.
Streaky and you could get away with 1 coat.
Swatch is 2 coats of Metalfusion.

Review

I love metallic lacquers but weird enough I feel myself reaching more to the first 2 lacquers (red and pink) which are more subtle shimmer polishes than metallic.
For me the colors aren't very unique but this time a year (end of Summer) it is refreshing to have some color change towards the Fall season.
The opaqueness of these lacquers is really great. You could mostly get away with just 1 coat.
Drying time however took some longer than I expected, especially when you rather quickly apply a second coat.
The brushes weren't the worst but I still think they could improve it.
I quote Catrice: "The extra-broad reservoir brush captures just the right amount of polish required for each nail and delivers streak-free results like a pro."
Now, I don't want to call myself a pro, but I've applied lacquers enough to state that this is not streak-free!
Again, somthing I don't expect with metallic lacquers, but also something you shouldn't promise if you can't live up to it.
Verdict: Not a bad collection considering I want to keep 3 out of 5.

Nail art

I wanted to keep it close to the metal look.
Featured nail art by Catrice is a water marble but you all know how I really hate love water marbling.
I went for the dry brush technique instead.
You can find a great tutorial here by Lucy's stash
I used diagonal brush strokes creating multiplication signs.



17 comments:

  1. C01 is fantastic, but love it all!
    this dry technique is so good! love how it came out to your nails !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hunny! The red is my fave too. Will save it for Christmas ;-)

      Delete
  2. Those metallics look like would be great for stamping! I love your dry brush nail art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to try it. Your nails look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the technique. Those nails are beautiful! I am going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and show us how they turned out :D
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I must be sick, I love the red.
    BTW I was missing your nail arts, your dry brush mani is simply wonderful <3 (and way better than a WM ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches!
    Did you get a chance to try these metallics for stamping? I wonder if they work for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I just tried out 3 colors and had no trouble stamping them. I used a Bundle Monster plate and squishy stamper.

      Delete
  7. These polishes make your nails look bad ass! (hope that was ok to say ) but definitely true. The top one c01 is just awesome, I'm a red or blue girl. But I love all polish so I'm guessing their all my favs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, bad ass is fine:D
      Thank you so much ♥

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete